Monday, September 21, 2015

Swirly Sheep

I have had this jelly roll sitting on my shelf for longer than I like to admit.  This has occurred for 2 reasons. First, I have too much fabric but can’t seem to stop shopping for more and second because I just like to look at all the pretty colors.  Anyway, I was looking at this particular jelly roll and thought it would look perfect with swirly sheep embroidery from PurelyGates Designs and it gave me excuse (reason) to buy a new embroidery disk.   

For the quilt I simply sewed the strips together length wise.




Then measured 12 ½ inches for the right side and cut it.



Each sheep was cut into a 9 ½ inch block then sewn in a column.



Sew the row of sheep where we cut the sewn strips earlier and TA-DA one of the cutest baby quilts I have made in a long time. 

This quilt will for sale in my shop if you can’t stand to not have this cutie in your baby’s room.

No comments:

Post a Comment